Home & School > FAQs
Below are some frequently asked questions about Home & School.
Who belongs to the Home & School Association? (often referred to as Home & School)
All parents or guardians, teachers, staff and volunteers involved in the education of children attending West Broad Street Elementary School.
What is the purpose of Home & School Association?
The Home & School Association's purpose is carried out in a variety of ways, which may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Organizing and offering volunteer opportunities
- Encouraging and supporting families as they participate in school activities
- Serving as a forum for the discussion of issues of concern to parents and school staff
- Maintaining this Web site as a vehicle of communication between home and school
- Conducting fund raising activities in order to provide additional funds for school activities for which money is not otherwise available
When does the Home & School meet?
Home & School has nine scheduled meetings throughout the year in the months of September, October, November, January, February, March, April, and May. Meetings are held in the school library generally on the second Tuesday of the meeting month at 7:00p.m. Child sitting and translator services are available at meetings free of charge. A full list of dates is available at the Meetings link.
Where do the Home and School funds come from?
The Home & School runs the following fundraisers to raise money:
- Race for Education
- KidStuff Books
- Box Tops for Education
- Campbell Soup Labels
- Giant A+ Rewards Program
- Coke Rewards Program
- Target Take Charge of Education Program
- Amazon Smile
Why do we need additional funds even though I already pay school taxes?
Home & School sponsors activities and funds programs, which supplement those provided by the School District. These activities enrich the experience of all the students at West Broad Street Elementary.